Sunday 6 April 2008

Aristotle, the BBC and Dictionaries

all are really really annoying me at the moment.
Well, technically, And the dictionaries and Aristotle are linked.

I'll start from the beginning shall iI?
Yesterday, I was listening to the Kooks on BBC Iplayer, when they had been on Ken Bruce's show at some point in the week. As I was doing so, I noticed the Scouting for Girls was on with Jonathan Ross (which I was missing), so I decided to listen to them today instead. Also, yesterday, I decided to make revision cards for Aristotle's Virtues, as the 12 moral ones looses me at Cowardice.
The plan was to write the definition of each word, and then use it in a sentence. Easy? No. My dictionary doesn't give examples of sentence usage, so I looked the words up on the internet. It would appear that internet dictionaries don't either. I had to stop then, for the new series of Doctor Who (see below!), but came back to it today.

Cue BBC IPlayer, again, this time for Jonathan Ross. It just kept crashing! At least every ten minutes! And, all for one song by Scouting For Girls! I think the BBC, like ITV, do not like Mac's! Also, there still appears to be no way of putting the virtues into a sentence. I'm starting to think this was a very bad idea!

On the other hand, the BBC should also be worshiped, as Doctor Who was back yesterday!! And, despite my initial misgivings about Catherine Tate (as I really didn't like her in The Runaway Bride) she was actually really good! Her comment about the Doctor never changing was brilliant, and the mime scene was the funniest thing I've seen in a long time.
It was needed after the heartbreaking ending to Torchwood. However, the bizarre, unexpected (in this episode) and unexplained cameo by Rose was a bit odd. I'm not sure I liked it (although I did squeal very fangirlishly). This is either going to go really well, or really badly, and there will be no in between!

Well, I shall go off and attempt to find these sentences, all the while cursing the writers of the book my teacher took the virtues out of!

No comments: