Thursday 27 March 2008

Does it ever just hit you...

that something has really ended? And you get a very strange, sick feeling in the pit of your stomach?
No? Just me then.
Its stupid really, I'm listening to 'One Last Summer' by Oliver Boyd and the Rememberalls, and its from Harry's point of view about leaving the Dursleys (for those who didn't know). But, yet again, its just hit me how over my childhood is.
I'm going to be 18 at the end of August, and starting Uni in October, and as much as I can't wait it seems a bit scary. It really really doesn't seem that long ago I was still in York, or even Belgium when I think about it.

The end of Harry Potter did signal the end of something I was trying to cling on to, as I think I said in here a day or so after! But really my childhood ended when I moved back to England, possibly here, rather than York, but thats still only a years difference. So why, as I'm struggling to write this extremely annoying English essay, has it once again hit me that it is all really over.

It feels like regret, the same feeling that I get when I look at the Army Brat groups on Facebook- if I knew then that it was going to be like this now, I would have savored it more. Took more pictures, wrote more about it. But I was only 10, as mature as I think I was (and I know that I probably wasn't, but it feels like it :p) I don't think I could ever have known. Culture shock really has got nothing on it!

Now that I'm doing trying to justify this post (not that I've done that very well at all!) I'm off to finish the essay, on the way in which journeys are portrayed....yey!

No comments: